“Water is a life” Not only the human being but also for the entire ecosystem water is precious. We all depend on water for many purposes. Water is transparent but it takes the shape of anything when we put it, it’s a pure thing.71 percent of the land is covered by the water on the earth. In which 97 percent of the water is covered by the ocean and only 3 percent of water is in use for drinking and many purposes. It is important to save the water for us and for our future because we totally depend on the water for the various purposes. Here we are providing the essay on the save water for informing the importance of water to the students and children for saving the water.
The source of the water is in the form of the lakes, rivers, ponds, wells, etc. On the earth’s surface, there is 71 percent of the land is covered by the water and other 29 percent by the land. In that 71 percent of water, only 3 percent of water is usable which is used by us for many purposes. So it’s not an enough water for such large populated countries. As the population is increasing day by day the consumption of the water is also increased. Nowadays public using the water not in a careful manner. They are careless about it.
For example, a kid washing the hands but opened the tap but forgets to close it. So here water is wasting. In some areas like Rajasthan where the temperature of the weather is too hot, the sources of the drinking water are very less. They have to search for the water for miles and miles. So each and every drop of the water is the needs for someone.
Even Farmers wants water for cultivating the land. If the lord of the rain is not happy and some places like Rajasthan, Vidarbha in Maharashtra which having the less source of water than it would be difficult for the farmers to cultivate the land. So their life will be ruined because of their income totally depends on the farming which can lead to farmer to select the option of the suicide
Different uses of the Water
Water in Agriculture
It is the important role of the water in agriculture. The crop season requires the irrigation which is used for agriculture that to proper growth of plants. If there are proper sources of water for farming then farmers are also happy which makes the crops or farms wealthy.
Water used for balancing the ecosystem
Not only for the human beings is but also important for the entire ecosystem by the different ways. Because of the presence of the water in the atmosphere which can absorb the Sun’s rays or heat. The rivers and valleys and other water sources are filled with the rain water.
Water for industries
In many industries like the steel industry, chemicals, fertilizers, electricity, textiles, petrochemicals and paper, food, Mining, etc. water is used in huge quantities for the cooling purpose, generation of power, cleaning purposes, fire protection and last but not in list air cooling.
Water for power
The large volume of water for the purpose of cooling and disposal of fly ash is required for the Thermal power. In the generation of the thermal power, water is used.
Water for fish, wildlife and recreation
Water is the life for fish, wildlife and other recreation facilities. The activities like Swimming, boating, fishing is the important outdoor recreational activities are impossible without water.
Water for household uses
Water is used for the many household purposes like washing, cooking, cleaning, bathing, drinking, toilet, showering, laundry etc. The most of the water is used for the household uses.
How to save water
- It is an individual responsibility to save the water and reduce the consumption of the water except the drinking and cooking purposes. We can reduce the consumption of water by proper using of water for the toilet, showering, etc.
- We can save water per day by slightly saving water from the watering garden, flushing toilet, cleaning purposes, etc.
- For the purposes like toilet flushing, laundry, watering garden, showering, etc. we should use rainwater.
- Avoid taking shower for bathing, use the water in the bucket by us in this way we can save 150 to 200 litres of water every day.
- Rainwater harvesting is one of the best options to save the water.
- We can save 4500 liters of the water per month if we use the washing machine to wash clothes when clothes have to machines capacity.
- Turn off all the taps after the using water, close it tightly it saves more than 200 liters of water.
- In the festival of Holi use the dry coolers instead of using water and promote playing Holi by using less water.
- Be aware of the news of people who struggle a lot for searching daily for a drop of water to save us from water wastage.
- Promote the Water conservation programs to spread awareness among the people.
- Use water in cooler only when required, does not waste it.
- Do not waste water by sprinkling on house or streets, its just wastage of water.
- In rainy season promote tree plantation so because of that plants get water easily through rainwater.
- Avoid watering plants in afternoon time especially 11 am to 4 am as the sun rays evaporated so instead of watering plants in the noon water plants early in the mornings or evenings.
Water is life for the human beings as well as for our ecosystem also. Saving water is important for us and for our future generation also. We are dependent on the water for many purposes. Water is the boon for us which granted by God so we should use the water properly. In some areas where the shortage of water is, they know the value of it. Water is precious for us, ”SAVE WATER SAVE LIFE”.
Tags: Water, Water saving essay, Water conservation, Water saving measures, Water conservation methods, Water saving, Water usage